Know more about this business than we do? Cool! Please submit any corrections or missing details you may have.Help us make it right
English and Western Riding Lessons, Trail Rides, Boarding, Sales, Pony Rides & Petting Zoo
Antyrice is a full service Salon & Spa, with excellent service and a comfortable yet sophisticated atmosphere. Multicultural clientele services include: hair extensions, expertise in the art of hair weaving, including fusion and linkettes, the trendiest cuts, styles and updos, current hair color and highlights, spray tanning, eye lash extension, air brush and contemporary makeup, nails, facials...
boarders steal from one another and tell vicious rumors. little care is actually given to the hroses, owners cut costs with lazy workers and low quality hay. trainers are rude, always late and under qualified. pastures are in dangerous condition; several horses euthanized per year due to sever injury suffered in turn out. really an awful place to board your horse or even take lessons.
I would definately NOT keep my horse at Tower Hill Stables in Hampshire IL for several reasons all coming from my own personal experience.
The first being the owner, he is "hot headed" and seems very unethical. From what I can tell, I"m pretty sure not only does he not "like" horses but he "dislikes" them. Many boarders there share this same opinion.
A few things:
1) They cut the feedings in 1/2 and then raised the monthly fee and DIDN"T tell the boarders. I found out from one of the workers. My understanding was this property was paid for so it wasn't like it was for "survival" for the stables and even if it was I don't think that's acceptable with out first telling boarders that you have removed one of the feedings.
2) There was a horse that "attacked" yes "attacked" several people (at least 4 that I know about), knocking 1 to the ground and almost getting another in the head with his back hooves. When they told the owner at Tower Hill, he said "it must have been something you did".
3) When shareboarders came to pick up my horse, they physically refused to let them take him even though October was paid for and he was leaving "before" the end of October. They tried to include him on a "stall agreement" requiring 30 days notice which he was not in, he was pasture board and there was no such agreement. If he was in a stall and I signed an agreement for that, I wouldn't have a problem, however, they were was no agreement as such and he was just tossed in with a bunch of other horses. When I asked for a copy of the agreement, it took them a long time to respond and then they just sent me a BLANK copy. The Shareboarders just paid so they could leave but he told them the amount they were paying was 1/2 of the board which was a COMPLETE and TOTAL LIE. He really charged them the entire month!
4) Several horses got cut by old fencing in the pasture, which they didn't do anything about and then my horse got a cut. I understand things like that sometimes happen at a stables but after that many times it should really be addressed.
5) They charged me for care of my horse after I got him stitched up, even though, I took care of all his needs (which were minimal, he only had 2 stitches and we all questioned if it even needed to be done but I figure better safe than sorry) . So they charged me for something they "claimed" they did but didn't discuss it with me whatsoever and I saw no signs at all that there was any care for him when I went out there. I just saw the extra charge on my credit card.
The bottom line is, even though they clearly see it as just a business and $$$, they don't even do well at that piece of it, but above all, we always want our animals to be cared for by people who actually "love" animals. I just don't believe that to be true here.
Also, couldn't help notice, any good reviews they have received happen all within a few days of each other, immediately after others have complaints. Interesting...
Huge facility, could be cleaner and brighter. Best part is pastures. Trainers are competitive with each other. Some boarders are thieves. Favoritism is common. Most stable hands do not treat the horses well. (Edited November 22, 2008)
Used to love this barn but it is going down hill very fast. The kids are bratty and will talk about you even if they dont know you, Only one trainer who is good is Sana. Everyone else does not...
Even though it was an unplanned pit stop for you, our little one loved having a chance to get her first ride on your sweet pony. Thanks for brightening up our Saturday!
A Division of Peg's Pony Express
Tower Hill Stables can be found at Tower Rd 12n254. The following is offered: Party Rentals. The entry is present with us since Sep 9, 2010 and was last updated on Nov 14, 2013. In Hampshire there are 1 other Party Rentals. An overview can be found here.
If you don't see your business listed on YellowBot, please add your business listing.
YellowBot wants to get your input! If you have a comment, find a bug or think of something neat we should do, let us know by emailing us.
© 2007-2016 Solfo, Inc. – All rights reserved