Know more about this business than we do? Cool! Please submit any corrections or missing details you may have.Help us make it right
Near the intersection of Red Mountain and Price Freeways, Shadow Creek Apartments are centrally located with easy access to Arizona State University, Tempe Town Lake and several public libraries. The ASI shuttle and Tempe Orbit have stops right outside the apartments.
Shadow Creek apartments are centrally located, with easy access to anywhere in the metropolitan area. Right next to our community is Tempe Town Lake, which offers outdoor activities for the entire family.
Shadow Creek Apartments in Mesa, AZ are less than 10 minutes from downtown Tempe and Arizona State University. Apartments have private balconies/patios, fully equipped kitchens, walk-in closets, extra storage space and cable is included with rent. Pet friendly community with 24-hour fitness center, two swimming pools, hot tub and barbeque area. Gated neighborhood has lighted basketball and...
I will tell you what is good and bad about living here.
BAD: GANGS, CUSTOMERS SERVICE, AND THE SECURITY DEPOSIT IS NOT FULLY REFUNDABLE LIKE THEY SAY NO MATTER WHAT.
1) CUSTOMER SERVICE: they are horrible. They are NEVER available in the office, I stop by about every two weeks to pick up a package. out of a dozen times, they were there maybe twice. I even set up an appoitment with the manager, I left work early, and they had a sign up when I got there saying they would return in two hours. Unacceptable. The same goes for calling, they rarely answer the phones, and rarely return calls.
2) GANGS: this used to be a nice area, until about 6 months ago. Now, there is gang writting all over and around the property. I have heard gun shots several times, and the police helicoptor is always flying over at night now. My neighbors scooter was also stolen. Don't believe me, drive by the property and look at the fences outside and across the street. This started to happen about 6 months ago, it's not just this property, it's the whole neighborhood.
3) SECURITY DEPOSIT: They mislead you. They don't charge you a redecoration fee (non refundable deposit) - which is to pay for getting the apartment ready. But they do charge you a refundable security deposit - which they will tell you is fully refundable. When you move out, no matter how perfect your apartment is, they will deduct over $100 in cleaning fees. Trust me, no matter what you do. My apartment was in perfect shape, I don't wear my shoes in the apartment, I travel so I sleep there maybe 3 nights a week. I have NO pets, I don't use the stove. It is spotless - and I still fully clean it once a week. Yet, I'm getting charged over $100 because they say no matter what they have to clean the carpets and hire professional cleaners. The truth is that they are just milking more money out of you. I have never been charged this by any company, in fact, with every property I have ever lived at my deposit got fully refunded.
4) the leasing agent in the office. She is so unprofessional. All she does is talk about herself. Within 10 minutes you will know her life story, "five kids, her husband doesn't want her to work, etc...." "I,I,I,I,I..." that's all she knows what to do, she is totally unprofessional.
Those are the reasons I am leaving.
1) this apartment complex is in an ideal location. Parks, tempe market place, walmart, free way access.
2) the grounds seem to be kept up nicely. It is a pretty clean property outside.
3) I only had to request one maintenance service request, to change filters, but it was done on time. I don't think it's reason to assume the maintenance is awesome, but I am noting that.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
My husband and I and 2 little kids have lived at Shadow Creek, now Green Leaf on University since August 2011. The grounds have always been kept neat and clean and it is very quiet (we live on the 2nd floor at the rear of the complex). The apartment itself is nothing special but it is clean and we haven't had any problems. Any minor maintenance issues we have had have always been addressed...
Positives - the grounds were kept clean and most of the neighbors were nice.Negatives - the first apartment they moved us into was infested with roaches, they were coming out of the vents in the ceiling from the place upstairs. They sprayed and even bombed our apartment but the roaches would not go away so we asked to be moved. The next place was better for a while until the upstairs neighbors...
If you don't see your business listed on YellowBot, please add your business listing.
YellowBot wants to get your input! If you have a comment, find a bug or think of something neat we should do, let us know by emailing us.
© 2007-2014 Solfo, Inc. – All rights reserved