Know more about this business than we do? Cool! Please submit any corrections or missing details you may have.Help us make it right
Be the first YellowBot user to add photos or videos of Lake Stevens Day Care & Preschool Center
My children have been coming to this daycare since 2009 and we love it. We used to go to another daycare in the area and my son was always in trouble, since we been here his is happy his behavior is great no problems. This staff is caring and patience When my children want to go to daycare because they like it I'm happy
We had our 3 year old son in this daycare because we had heard good things from our neighbors and it was just 2 blocks from our house. There are so many reasons why you should NOT bring your child here, but let me name the worst points about this place, most of which I found out after our son was here:
1. Our son was having trouble listening one day, so they kept him in a highchair for most of the day. Remember, 3 year olds aren't babies. We have a big boy and he was basically imprisoned for almost his entire day because the staff did not want to try to deal with the problem. Is this the correct way to discipline? I think not.
2. I drive by this place daily, and have seen so many things. In one instance, there were 2 boys at the end of the fenced playground. One boy was violently shoving woodchips into the other childs face, but the one staff person that was outside with the children was much too busy to notice. What were they doing that was so busy? Sitting at the top of the playground, talking on their cellphone while a child was getting bullied not far from them.
3. Their idea of staff is like a revolving door. Their staff members are almost constantly changing, which is also a problem because this is not a big place at all. I see different people (mainly teenagers, who are basically kids themselves) almost on a week-to-week basis. The only frequency I've ever seen in the staff is the owner. Otherwise, they just have teenagers who appear to have no care for any of these children. I've seen much too many examples of this, but won't go too far into it.
4. The staff do not interact or play with the children. They sit in one spot and either talk on their cell phones, talk to one another, or simply sit and yell. No real discipline is used, and no quality time is ever spent.
5. I once saw a ball go over the fence and into the street, and I watched as a staff member let a child out of the fence, go into the STREET, and get the ball all by themselves.
6. Another point about the owner that I wanted to mention, was that she decided one day without any previous warning that our son was kicked out. What did he do? He was having trouble listening, and she knew that she was getting in more kids since school was starting and didn't want to spend the time to properly discipline him. This put us in a very tough situation, since one day we had somewhere to take our son, and the next we had nothing. We both work full-time and attendance is huge at our jobs. It made for a desperate situation.
7. The day that she kicked our son out was the 1st of the new month. Since it was the first, she still demanded that we pay for the whole month, because he was there "for a part of the month." I'm positive that this was done on purpose and timed just right so that she could kick him out and still collect our money. Unfortunately, with our DSHS terms, we did still have to pay the money.
Please, as a parent who cares deeply for my children I beg you to never take your child here, no matter how desperate your situation may be. This place should be shut-down completely. I cannot believe the things that I see take place here, and will warn as many people as I possibly can. I wish you luck.
If you don't see your business listed on YellowBot, please add your business listing.
© 2007-2017 Solfo, Inc. – All rights reserved