Status: Closes in 49 minutes
Know more about this business than we do? Cool! Please submit any corrections or missing details you may have.Help us make it right
I purchased a car from here March 16th 2015. June 19th 2015 the engine blew. Below is a list of other issues that I found out about shortly after my purchase.
1. Door locks never worked properly
2. Window washer fluid would not come out- They fixed
3. It sound like something underneath was loose or detached when you drive over a pump
4. The Power steering mad a loud rearing noise
5. The transmission started hesitating about a month and a half later
6. The engine would idle periodically own it’s own
7. Seats twist when you raise them up & down
8. I was told by the owner the key pad need the battery changed and it will work. I changed the battery and it still did not work. I went up to Carmen's and told them that. The mechanic checked the car and told me to take the car to the dealer to see if the module need to be replaced and if so I can find one at a junk yard.
9. The battery died 12 days after I got the car. I not only put $3000 down on this car but had to pay another $138 for a new battery 12 days later.
The owner told me nothing was wrong with this car at the time of purchase and that was not true. When I took the car to Carmen's for the mechanic to test drive, I told him about the engine noise and he asked if it was idling. At the time I didn't know what the noise was so I said no but it is making some kind of noise. He replied "It's not" as if her was shocked it wasn't. That's how I know they knew the engine was messed up prior to them selling the car to me. When I told the owner the engine blew he immediately sent someone to pick the car up then spoke with me about three hours later telling me the car had no oil and that's why the engine blew. I told him the oil life said 58% three days prior to this happening and a oil indicator light never came on indicating the car need oil. The owner and mechanic admitted to not checking the oil before selling the car to me. What they said was they don't remember and cannot recall checking the oil prior to the sale. I asked how is there oil splatter on the outside of the engine if there was no oil in it. He then changed the story to "well I shouldn't have said no oil you had little oil like maybe 1 quart. When I asked for a refund of my down payment the owner threatened to put the car in repossession then told me I have 2 weeks to decide what I want to do. Unfortunately I cannot take him to court. I was looking through my paperwork and I noticed a paper I signed stating I had a mechanic look at the car and it is in good working condition. He knows, and I know that is not true. When signing my paperwork he was explaining what the papers were and he did not tell me it said that, but I am at fault for that because I should've read the paperwork myself instead of trusting him.
I purchased a car from here mid March 2015. By mid June 2015 the engine blew. Below is a list of other issues that I found out about shortly after my purchase. 1. Door locks never worked properly 2. Window washer fluid would not come out- They fixed 3. It sound like something underneath was loose or detached when you drive over bump. 4. The Power steering mad a loud rearing noise 5. The...
Carmen's Auto Sales is located at 16000 E 8 Mile Rd in Detroit and has been in the business of New And Used Car Dealers since 2008.
3 Locations to serve you
No Credit Check - Buy Here, Pay Here - Quality Used Cars - Low Monthly Payments - No Interest Charge - No Hidden Fees
If you don't see your business listed on YellowBot, please add your business listing.
YellowBot wants to get your input! If you have a comment, find a bug or think of something neat we should do, let us know by emailing us.
© 2007-2017 Solfo, Inc. – All rights reserved